Dr Fabiola Martin
Sexual Health Physician
FAChSHM, FRCP, Dip GUM, DTMH, DFFP, Dip HIV, PGCME, FHEA, Dr medicinae universalis
My name is Fabiola Martin and I have recently joined Stonewall as Sexual Health, HIV and HTLV specialist. I am one of two Sexual Health Physicians and one of three in Queensland. I have been working in this field since 1998 in the UK and moved to Brisbane in 2017. I have been a clinical academic and medical educator since 1997.
Improving patients’ experience of their sexual and mental health, while providing up-to-date research informed care are two main motivators of my practice. I am an independent prescriber and provide clinical advice and care for adults, pregnant women and children; specifically, for groups of people at higher risk of exposure to sexually transmitted diseases (e.g. adolescents, Indigenous People, migrants, refugees, sex workers, LBGTI, Travellers, drug users, trafficked people etc.). I also provide partner and family testing and treatment where deemed necessary. I am passionate about supporting transgender people on their journey to achieve optimal well-being.
I have expertise in providing care to people worried about or living with Human T Leukaemia Virus (HTLV) as well as HIV, HBV and HCV.
I support women and girls seeking reproductive health advice (conception/contraception/TOP) and provide care for women, who have undergone female genital cutting. Comprehensive care is provided to people seeking advice on sexual dysfunction or chronic or acute pelvic pain.
Bulk-bulling is available. Please don’t hesitate to ask.
Please check out my podcasts here.
You can view Dr Martin’s billing policy .
• Doctor medicinae universalis, Vienna, Austria, 1995
• Membership of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP), London 1999
• Diploma in Genitourinary Medicine (Dip GUM), London, 2001
• Diploma in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (DTM&H), London, 2002
• Diploma in Family Planning (DFFP), London, 2003
• Diploma in HIV Medicine (Dip HIV), London, 2009
• Certificate of Completion of Training in Genitourinary/HIV Medicine, 2009
• MDRes in HTLV-1 Associated Myelopathy (MDRes), Imperial College London, 2010
• Certificate of Postgraduate Certificate of Medical Education (PGCME), 2014
– Scholarship for Academic Excellence at Medical School, University of Vienna. (3rd Year of
– Medical Studies), Austrian Ministry of Education, 1993
– Scholarship for Academic Excellence at Medical School, University of Vienna. (4th Year of Medical Studies), Austrian Ministry of Education, 1994
– Scholarship for Academic Excellence at Medical School, University of Vienna. (5th Year of Medical Studies), Austrian Ministry of Education, 1995
– Fellowship of Higher Education Academy, Higher Education Academy, 2014
– Fellowship of Royal College of Physicians, Royal College of Physicians London, 2015
– Promoting Women Fellowship, University of Queensland, 2018
– Fellowship of the Chapter of Sexual Health Medicine, Royal Australasian College of Physicians, 2019
MEMBERSHIPS & REPRESENTATIONS
• Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP), 2017- ongoing
• Chapter of Sexual Health Medicine, Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FAChSHM), 2019- ongoing
• Australasian Sexual Health Medicine (ASHM), 2017- ongoing
• Executive board member of Sexual Health Society of Queensland (SHSQ), 2017- ongoing
• Fellow Royal College of Physicians (RCP), 2017- ongoing
• Fellow Higher Education Academy (HEA), 2017- ongoing
• Global Virus Network (GVN), HTLV Task Force, 2017- ongoing
• European Representative of the International Retrovirology Association (IRVA), 2009-2017
• Board Member of the International Retrovirology Association (IRVA), 2017- 2019
• Yorkshire Branch Chair British Association for Sexual Health and HIV (BASHH), 20015-2017
• Member of British Association for Sexual Health and HIV (BASHH), 2001-2016
• Member of British HIV Association (BHIVA), 2001-2016
• Member of Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare (FSRH), 2001-2016